It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Black Family Of Whitestone ... Page Four

________________________________________________________________________________________________



The boy is me
and my baby sister
with the piercing eyes
is the one 
who begifted me 
with this family photo.
She remembered  
the [barely visible] popsicle
in my father's hand:
 
Daddy said
"Everyone gets one bite."
That is exactly what happened
and the last bite was yours,
brother dearest.
 
It dripped all over
your new polo shirt
and we all 
laughed our asses off

The story of my life
________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. This is Dr. Raft, Paul's therapist and lifelong friend.
    But this time, other commentistas can have their say
    after I state (for clarification) that the numerals in this image
    distinguished the deceased Oliverios of Whitestone
    from the living Oliverios of Whitestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Bob Hope used to say, Thanks for the memories.
      Eating ice cream or cake with everyone in my family
      conjures up a treasure trove of memories
      from days gone by.

      Delete