It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Photoverio #751: Wrinkled, Sleeping Lincoln And The ...

________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Wrinkled, Sleeping Lincoln
And The Dreaming Tree
 
 
 
 
*** 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 © Oliverio © 
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. Whoever sculpted that Sleeping Lincoln did an excellent job.
    Do you know the artist's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bagorini Hefti from Sicily (b. 1944) and five of his pieces
      were featured in WHITE LOTUS, Season 2

      Delete
    2. Where exactly did YOU photograph it?

      Delete
    3. Interesting question... I fell asleep
      under a "Dreaming Tree" in Belmont Shore
      [more commonly referred to as a "Scheming Tree"]
      and had a dream about Lincoln sleeping
      the night before his assassination.

      Carol photographed me, just before I awoke
      and I had to do a lot of editing to the image

      Delete
  2. Presently a Homicide Detective in Santa Monica, I am a former student
    of Mr. Oliverio whose wonderfully warped sense of humor
    had a lot to do with his Italian heritage.
    He would have us rolling on the floor
    with with his fake-but-funny Italian names,

    The most famous examples being Rectango,
    Squarini and Rhombo: the three sons of Rico Parallelo.

    This page was shown to me by a young patrolwoman
    who also had Oliverio at Jefferson HS...

    No sooner does this homicide detective see the name
    "Bagorini Hefti, we both delighted
    in knowing Oliverio's warped and wonderful
    sense of humor is alive and well.
    Capisci?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed a full day before making this comment:

      It would be in the bailiwick of a Homicide Detective
      to investigate a "conspiracy" but I truly believe
      this Christmas season, certain people conspired
      to make me utterly happy.

      One of them I will refer to as "PG."
      In my adult orphan years
      (beginning in 1971),
      PG was "the big brother" I never had.
      That designation lasted for more than thirty years.
      However, suffice it to say I did something
      incredibly stupid and he refused to talk to me
      with justification but it should not have been
      a life sentence.
      Lo and behold, he telephoned me December 23
      and three wonderful phone conversations
      ensued, lasting more than two hours.

      The second conspirator was "TD."
      In high school, he was my best friend
      but after 1973, contact was limited
      but always meaningful.
      I did not see him again until
      a class reunion in 2004...
      for seventeen subsequent years
      there was that many futile attempts
      to contact him until ten days ago...
      akin to what happened with "PG,"
      there were three hours of wonderful conversation.

      The third conspirator was "CB" a former student
      who became a policewoman promoted to
      Homicide Detective...
      I had thought about her every time I looked at
      the 1990 Jefferson HS Yearbook which I edited.

      I have looked at that yearbook
      at least three times annually
      since its publication admiring many students
      as lost dreams, CB being one of them.

      Lo and behold, yesterday she made an extraordinary
      and perceptive comment on this page.

      I have one and only one thing
      to say to the three conspirators:
      THANK YOU




      Delete