It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 16, 2022

Photoverio #750: Street Hoops

________________________________________________________________________________________________


© Oliverio
________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. I am a Long Beach resident and I have seen this image
    before but I am no sure where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either of three places:
      I believe I posted it once before
      OR you saw it on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore
      OR you saw it one block from my residence
      on the corner of 3rd Street/Cerritos Avenue
      before it was either removed or stolen

      Delete
  2. This image could not help but make me
    think of MIDNIGHT BASKETBALL...
    Therefore I dedicate this page to Msgr. Oliverio
    of St. Patrick's Cathedral:
    the man I've referred to—basically my entire life—
    as "Father Frank" who would referee midnight
    basketball games in Harlem featuring
    rival gang members where there was
    no fighting on the court during play
    but disputes arouse after the game
    as to which gang would pay
    for the referee's breakfast.

    Frank Oliverio, who had seven older siblings,
    spent the better part of his formative years
    as a Harlem Resident

    ReplyDelete