It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 5, 2022

???

________________________________________________________________________________________________



I will let the reader guess
which member 
of my current household
referred to this image
as
"The Black Family"
BUT
allow me to add
two things
about this
photographic
page
 
1
Henceforth, it will be
partially referred to as
"Page One Of Five"

2
Family heirlooms
don't get any loomier
________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. Where was "The Black Family" picture taken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment
      inspiring this long-winded response:

      Upon first sight of this photo
      —taken between 1957 and 1959—
      I told the person who showed it to me last year
      that it was taken at "Kiddy City,"
      but I quickly convinced myself
      that claim was patently untrue.

      "Kiddy City" was a popular amusement park
      six miles away from where The Black Family
      lived in Whitestone.

      Kiddy City was an amusement park
      six miles away from where The Black Family
      lived in Whitestone AND
      my extensive research on Scott/Zelda Fitzgerald
      proved empirically that (at least) Scott was there.

      The Famous Billboard eyes, in GREAT GATSBY,
      were inspired by an actual billboard
      within walking distance of Kiddy City

      The "person" who gave me this picture
      is expected to telephone me today.

      She is my sister who lives in Virginia
      and might be able to factually identify
      where the picture was taken

      Delete
  2. Images of Kiddy City
    can be found at this web page:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Kiddy+city%22+%22amusement+park%22+%22Long+Island%22&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj-_frGj-P7AhVsiI4IHU9pBQwQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=%22Kiddy+city%22+%22amusement+park%22+%22Long+Island%22&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDFCTD1iyImDP5K8BaABwAHgAgAFCiAGwApIBATWYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=STqOY761CeyQuvQPz9KVYA&bih=664&biw=1267&client=firefox-b-1-e

    ReplyDelete