It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

McCarthy-ism ... And The Upper Upside of Age-ism

________________________________________________________________________________________________


My joints have been tightened
by life's monkey wrench
says the wheezing geezer 
collapsed on a park bench
 
My head might be swimming
 but l won’t run out of strokes 
just as long as you’re here 
to laugh at my jokes
≈ ≈ ≈
 
© JACK McCARTHY ©
© MARY McCARTHY © 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I have been married for fifty-four years.
    My bubala is a retired architect and I only wish
    his advanced lessons on banjo included
    learning this song.

    Unfortunately, his singing voice
    is why there is a law about
    justifiable homicide.

    Where can I get a recording of this song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used the word "Unfortunately" and I will do the same:

    Geezer Jack sent me these lyrics less than ten minutes
    before I posted them...My friend since grade school
    has given me carte blanche on blogging
    anything related to his musical compositions

    Unfortunately, geezerhood is a license to forget
    such trivia as "permissions granted."

    The song has two more verses
    and they might soon be posted,
    if permission is granted to do so.

    (Along with a link to the recording)

    -Oliverio

    ReplyDelete