It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, April 19, 2024

I Had A Dream Last Night ...


________________________________________________________________________________________________

I dreamt about
waking up in this field
where I saw everything
in five colors
 
 
Just like the colors
in the Olympic Flag
 
I awoke just in time
to go back to
dreamland
 
But I was shaken
from that second slumber
by Olympic officials
who said
 
"Mr. Oliverio,
you will be 
in the next heat
of this event"
 
What event
could that possibly be?
They want me?
I am someone
with the athletic abilities
of a caterpillar  

But I dozed again
and dreamt again:
 
I am on the victory stand
winning a Silver Medal
because my body
has done
post-graduate work
in Sleep Segmentation
and NAPPING
had become an
Olympic Event

 
 
Did the crowd cheer for me?
Maybe .... Maybe not
 
Maybe I heard them
maybe I didn't
because
a victory stand is
as good as any
other place
for a 60-second
doze
because I can sleep
while standing
with or without
my eyes closed
***

© Oliverio ©
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Some pages of this blog look like they were written while you were asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliverio says:

      Guilty as charged

      Delete