It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 19, 2022

With An Apology To SUZIE PRICE

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Because her placard
was carefully staked in
Long Beach's 
most beautifully maintained,
variegated
and whimsical garden,
I intended to vote for
SUZIE PRICE

I voted on the second Sunday
prior to Primary Election day

I was the only voter
in a room with fifteen
poll workers

I scanned the ballot carefully
but could not find
the candidate SUZIE PRICE

I asked for  a ballot book
and two minutes later,
was handed one

However,
it was in Chinese

When I asked for another,
I was quickly handed 
a ballot book
en Espanol
 
But I am a Bronx-born
Italian-American
and the second book
was worthless to me
 
Out of frustration,
I completed my ballot
without casting a vote
for the 
Mayor of Long Beach
 
Once again,
I apologize to
SUZIE PRICE
but feel obligated to add
that every word
on this page
is 100% fact
😥
 
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment