It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Image Inspiring Poem Composed Of Fabled Song Lyrics/Titles

________________________________________________________________________________________________


I shot the Sheriff tree

and got thirty days

 

But the judge

winked at this

brown-eyed 

handsome man

 

I ran as fast as I can

I was a hungry man

 

But under my thumb

was a bowl of jumbalaya

and a crawfish pie

so I thanked the sky

 

And  hit the road, Jack

never to turn back

 

On Route 66

I got my kicks and more

with a detour 

to Memphis, Tennessee

and on that scene

I met Jolene

 

Hello Dolly

and goodbye to

yesterday.

***

Dedicated to Tim Buckley and Brian Jones,

with gratitude to Chuck Berry,

Hank Williams, Dolly Parton,

Bob Marley and [of course]

the Beatles ________________________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. Mick Jagger + Keith Richards wrote Under My Thumb.
    Isn't it blasphemous for you to exclude them from
    your gratitude list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the self-appointed President
      of the Brian Jones Appreciation Society,
      NO

      -Oliverio

      Delete