It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 20, 2023

48 Years Later, Friday The 13th Becomes A Sic WEEKLING

________________________________________________________________________________________________

February, 1981
featured a 
Friday the 13th
and I caused a car accident
that inspired a pink slip 
from my job with
  Metropolitan Life
on Long Island
 
I had lost a job
but internally
I jumped for joy
and started singing
California, Here I Come
 
Luckily for me,
no one heard me sing
because if they had,
I would have been
a victim of
justifiable homicide
 
I write about this
100 % purely factual event
because last Friday was also
Friday the 13th
and I pulled the proverbial sheets
over my head
 
Thankfully,
it was disaster-free
 ♑
 
However,
a Weekling
is defined as a day
whose impact
is non-existent until
exactly one week later
which would be today
January 20th, 2023
 
The disaster that struck today
makes me wish
I could re-live my life 
as a teacher
and I would preach
the following:
 
TO HELL WITH
READING, WRITING & ARITHMETIC
 
 It is light years more important
for children
to first learn how to
fix a toilet  that refuses
to flush
 
Hopefully,
before the day ends,
the $60 "snake" I just purchased
—exactly what Roto-Rooter uses—
will allow the toilet 
to do the right thing
***
 
© PAUL OLIVERIO ©
  _______________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments: