It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 13, 2023

The Swimmer's Paradise (Comic Relief #4855)

________________________________________________________________________________________________


________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. A fictional swimmer who could make the greatest paradise
    of this cartoon would be the one portrayed by Burt Lancaster
    in the film, THE SWIMMER.

    Do you know the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first saw THE SWIMMER in 1968 ... and have seen it
      five times since ... It is based on a John Cheever
      short story that could easily make my Favorite Cheever list,
      as could thirty other short stories/novels written by JC.

      Every time I watched THE SWIMMER,
      there were new details/comments
      that drew my attention.

      Though hers isn't the best acting,
      seeing Joan Rivers
      in a non-comedic role
      is why I look forward
      to watching the film
      again when next
      it is broadcast
      on TCM


      Delete
  2. Being a long-time follower of "Blog-iverio"
    I am very surprised by his humility:

    He failed to mention that Joan Rivers
    signed his first paycheck
    as a California resident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humility, Schmuhility...
      I refrain from posting that factual information
      because my psychoanalyst, Dr. Raft,
      advised the restraint for legal reasons.

      Delete