It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 2, 2023

Another Name For Yesterday

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another Name For Yesterday
—January 1, 2023—
is
01-01-23
but if you drop
the first digit
and the last two
plus the dashes,
you are left with 
101
as in,
Did you hear the one
about the 

I never laughed 
at that one 
because
the 101-year-old man
was a dear friend of mine
and the person 
who taught me 
more about photography
than any other human

I met Otto Jensen
on his 82nd birthday
but he told me
that he was
"28 in dyslexic years"
 
The question 
I would like answered
is 
Why was Otto featured
in a Burbank HS blog
when his high school education
was in Denmark,
his place of birth
???
 
The answer 
is simple:
is responsible
for the photograph
of Burbank High School
and countless photographs
of Burbank
city officials
and Hollywood stars
 
Otto Jensen is in
my thoughts today
and every day
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have cropped an image of Otto
    from the Yearbook blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty as charged...

      I honestly didn't notice the cropping
      until I posted the image but there are
      ample images of Otto Jensen
      when you link to his name

      Delete