It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Rearranged, Wrinkled, And Soiled: My Personal Mount Rushmore

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Brothers Oliverio:
Frank/Paul/Tony/Sam
also known as
"Youngest to Oldest"

I want to believe
the wrinkled effect
results from their laughter
after reading these pages.
 
A laughter that is shared
with the other members
of that eternally gardened family
I refer to as the
"Oliverio 2.0 Society"

Uncle Tony's widow
—my Aunt Linda—
sent me this image
which I had never seen
until 48 hours ago
 
She is the only member
of either parent's family
to be a member of the
"Oliverio 1.0 Society"
 
At Mrs. CarPeo's request,
Aunt Linda is sending us
images of herself
!!!
 
With or without her permission,
they will be posted
in this blog
________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. You could have subtitled this photograph
    "Two bowties, a necktie, and a collared priest"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your namesake appears to be wearing a patch
    on his blazer, do you know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES...
      It is a patch from Alcoholics Anonymous in Uniondale, NY
      where my Uncle Paul was a member for forty years.

      Ten years after he died, I attended a meeting there.
      They still talked about him with glowing respect
      and, in his honor, left a chair unoccupied.

      I fully accept the fact that their disappointment
      in Paul's nephew was quite tangible

      Delete