It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

I Visited This Woman Nine Times

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 
I want to believe
that she was thinking
of me while pondering 
the burning candle
but that, of course,
was impossible:
the image is a scene from
an extraordinary silent film
from 1929
 
and she oozed sexuality
on the silver screen
like no actress
before or since
 
I needed nine episodes
on YouTube
to watch
the entire film
________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. An essay in the August 29,2022 New Yorker Magazine
    tells you everything you ever wanted to know about LOUISE BROOKS.

    I agree with you and the essayist, Kenneth Tynan about
    the extraordinary sexuality and under-appreciated talents
    of "The Helmet Girl," Louise Brooks.

    https://www.discountmags.com/magazine/the-new-yorker-august-29-2022-digital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for acknowledging that essay
      which Mrs. CarPeo recommended to me
      and, actually, introduced me to
      Louise Brooks.

      Film alone does not measure her talents,
      she was also an excellent writer

      Delete