It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 24, 2022

Speaking Of Cousins

________________________________________________________________________________________________

We thrust and parry

At the Bank of Insults,
it's cash and carry

"So what if my mother
wore combat boots.
At midnight in bed
with my father, 
he couldn't give 
two hoots."
 
"Neither did my father."
 
"I used to wear
clothes like yours
but then I got a job."
 
"Your sister is so fat,
she doesn't need clothes.
She needs aluminum siding."
 
"Your brain has
so much deadwood,
your IQ measures
two by four."
***
***

After the laughter,
we were much alive.
All we could do is
hug and high-five.
***

©  PAUL OLIVERIO  ©
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Why is this page called ...Cousins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a game Black people play
      where two people do their best
      to insult the other

      Delete