It began as the GODFATHER OF MATH, evolved into the GOODFATHER OF MATH. Now this. Go figure...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes = G. CARLIN...Stain glass, engraved glass, frosted glass
–give me plain glass = JOHN FOWLES ... Music is the mathematics of the gods=PYTHAGORAS ... Nothing is more fluid than language = R. L. SWIHART
I cannot live without the oxygen of laughter = DAWN POWELL ... !!! ... But laughter cannot survive without the hydrogen of gravitas = PAUL OLIVERIO
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Apology And Pride

_______________________________________________________________________________________________



The apology is for 
Kingsley Amis
because I am 
presently reading
his book at a rate
of one page per day.
 
The pride was pumped into me
when I went to my Starbucks
at 5AM last Wednesday
and the parking lot
contained a dozen
patrol vehicles from
Los Angeles County 
Sheriff's County.
 
I immediately thought of
one of my All-Time 
favorite students
who is an LA County Sheriff
 
Fortunately,
all of the police
were in a relaxed
coffee-sipping
socializing atmosphere.
 
Therefore,
I politely addressed a group
of them and asked if
they could get a message
through to
one of their colleagues
 
They said YES
 
But 
the former student's stupid teacher
has a  memory that
failed to remember the current 
Sheriff's name.
 
As soon as I got home,
 I reached for
the two Jefferson yearbooks
I edited.
 
Unfortunately,
I failed to find
the forgotten name.

BUT
I now remember 
exactly where her name
can be found:
Somewhere within
my Dexter Gordon file.

His widow hired me
and my file of information
on Mr. Gordon is vast
and in one and only 
one place.
 
I promise to visit that space
very soon
 
If not,
would one of you readers
please feel free
to hold a gun
up to my head.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment